I found this restaurant on a late night stroll earlier this week. I walked to it, but if you're taking the MRT get off at the Xinpu MRT stop and go out exit 1. Once you hit the road you'll come face to face with a night market which has really really cheap clothing. Actually, before going to Solemio you might want to work up an appetite and shop around for a bit! Anyway, after you exit, go left. You will come to a large road right before the main road. Turn left down it and go about two blocks. The restaurant will be on your left. As you can see below..it's pretty hard to miss.
Now, for the good stuff: The food. The place was adorable and small. There were probably only about 15 tables so I would go at a time that less people will be there (I got there around 830pm). The best part you ask? The menu had English on it! They have an array of food to choose from so everyone will be happy. They have risotto dishes, pesto dishes, pumpkin sauce dishes, among several other sauce types. It's definitely a pasta place so leave your diet at the door.
The place was very reasonably priced as well! I had the chicken pesto pasta dish and it came with a drink, a slice of table bread, and soup. All of that came to around $6! If you would get that same meal in the States, you would have easily spent $15 or more.
So, if you're in the area, I would DEFINATELY stop in and grab sometime to eat. I know I will be heading back here soon!
No comments:
Post a Comment