My love for coffee is no secret; I'm addicted to it. The problem with that is that I could easily down three cups without thinking about it, and have no money for food. So, a friend told me about Grandma Nitti's Kitchen. It's a small, modern diner that serves everything western, and I LOVE it. It's actually become my little obsession. It's pretty hard to find (or at least I thought so at first) so here's the address:
8, Lane 93, ShiDa Rd., Taipei, Taiwan 106
02 2369 9751 10:00 am - 11:00 pm
It's one of the side road off the Guting Market main road, almost right across from Burger King (ha!). Upon walking up to it you will find an adorable patio, and a massive amount of flowers. If you are nervous about going into places that don't speak English, don't fret, they all speak English here. The diner is two stories high, with the open kitchen on the ground level. I prefer the upstairs seating area, mainly because there are outlets that I can plug all my gadgets in. The unlimited coffee is suppose to only last for 2 hrs, but I spend all day here and they never say anything to me so that's amazing. To top it all off they have REAL desserts, like ones that actually have taste. My first time here I had carrot cake and it was phenomenal; I wouldn't go as far as to say that it was better than my mom's, but it was pretty darn good.
And their breakfasts look a little like this... delicious right?
Typically, American or any other restaurant that isn't Chinese, don't really stick around too long but this place has been around for 25 years! That right there says a lot..
The downside is that it's pretty expensive compared to other places. My breakfast of two pancakes, eggs, sausage, mushrooms, and coffee was $10.19, an unheard amount of money for any type of food around here, but I think that unlimited coffee with it, is completely worth it.
On top of all of that awesomeness...they have a cat AND a dog that hang out here! I love the "homey" feel of this place and the owner is always here, always smiling.
So moral of the story..this place is definitely a place that you need to visit when you're in Taipei. If not for the food, for the people, because they are all so nice and welcoming. As long as you don't come everyday you won't go broke! So come eat some burgers, fries and milkshakes, you won't be disappointed!
No comments:
Post a Comment